Again, I'm NOT Going to Blog a Devil Ray Game
8. Memo to NESN: I don't care how many times you show me the commercial with the walkoff, er, "game-winning" home run vs. the Oakland A's. It's not going to make me like "Tessie" or "Kevin Millar."
9. However, the more you show Hazel Mae's "Red Sox Rewind" commercial, the more it makes me want to buy TiVo. I'd buy her a Coors Light and see how it goes, akin to the Silver Bullet I purchased for the girlfriend of a former Pittsburgh Penguin star a few weekends back."Oh, so your boyfriend played in the NHL for 12 years and is 6-5, 240? Cool. Can I have my beer back?"
10. Doug Waechter = Bronson Arroyo with a terrible lineup behind him.
11. Don Orsillo has mentioned the return of Javy Lopez about 11 times tonight. First off, Javy can't pitch. Secondly, it's Javy effing Lopez. Do you think Jon Miller went ga-ga over the fourth coming of Adam Hyzdu?
12. Why does Manny suck against those individuals that TL? He's supposed to be the best BR in baseball (coughcoughMIGUEL CABRERAcoughcough), or at least, one of them. I wonder what it would be like if he faced Dontrelle. At the very least, both those planets colliding would make one big ole fun planet.
13. With his signing his 5-year deal with the Two-Time Defending World Champion New England Patriots (soon to be a compulsory TLBR drop; once camp opens), Logan Mankins jumps onto the "Top 10 Guys I'd Never, Ever Want to Fight"
14. Commercials with talking bobbleheads aren't fun. They're not funny, they're not fun.
15. More notable Southwest Airlines' actor: the guy with the local gopher science fair exhibit, or the Philly taxi cab driver?