A quick recap
Ok, here was the night in quick hitter format:
- first ten minutes of the night, first bar...Division I Athletic Director, Lew Alcindor's H.S. point guard, one of the most influential college "hoops" writers in the country, and a CBS female sideline reporter.
- meatloaf, mashed, button mushrooms for dinner.
- four Leffes
- a place called "Bar Room" that is owned by several former bartenders at my former local haunt, that I just closed down (personally) last night
- several really intellectually deficient, scantily clad human beings that don't get slight sarcasm, bitter rudeness, and full-on donkey noises as jokes.
- McFadden's. Done.
- Italian foreign exchange students to NYU that didn't understand my English, VP's yelling, or my swearing in Italian (stugotz...face doce)
- Mars Blackmon in GCT.
- Wanna-be Entourage sitting behind us on the train home.
Did make it to 212 Boston tonight and I cannot say enough about the bar, the bartenders, the decor, the atmosphere and most of all, the owner. If any of y'all TLBR readers are Boston natives/sympathists and have the unfortunate lot of living in NY, please please pretty please with sugar on top, get to this place. It will not disappoint.
I'm out. I'm tired.