From the Lofty TLBR Observation Deck, vol. 3
3:25 p.m. --
Oh my god, the CBS March Madness On Demand "halftime show" has some kid who looks like he's a sophomore at CUNY, Bobby Gonzalez and Norm Roberts.
CBS is paying how many billion for the tournament, whacking writers 30 bucks for wireless, and they give the internet world community Norm Roberts and Bobby Gonzalez?
Apropos of nothing:
* If you can multi-task with reading live blogs, then you need to add Dan Wetzel's live one from his local watering hole on Yahoo! Sports.It's right here
* Oral Roberts (MY pick) up at the half. ODU up on Butler early (also my pick); Texas A&M up on Penn (the Aggies are the TLBR national champion); and Georgetown in cruise control with Belmont.
* Everytime I hear the announcers refer to Oral Roberts and Washington St. by their nicknames, it harkens me back to my former employer (the Golden Eagles) and makes me think of hot-to-trot women in their late 50's, who have stayed just a bit too late at the bar and are looking for a "ride home." (the Cougars).
* On a complete aside, as I said there would be no talk of the J.V. Bracket on this blog, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Freshman Team Tournament (the WNIT). The Iona Gaels host LIU in the program's first-ever postseason appearance.
We here at TLBR have much love for Tony Bozzella, his staff, and the (Lady) Gaels and plan on tuning into the ballgame tonight live on the 'net. Not just to follow the Maroon & Gold, but because Iona's men's assistants - Vin Parise and Nick Macarchuk - will be providing color.
* That is all. An hour and a half before I hit the road for the nighttime TLBR Observation Deck.