Baio or Boeheim?
Like Jimmy Chitwood one dramatically announced in the town chamber in Hickory, Indiana: "I think it's about time for me to start playin' blog."
* Watching the Pittsburgh/Miami Monday Night game right now. Yeah, I'm one of the three. Got one word for you, Mr. Rooney. It's actually one word, but it's a compound word..."FieldTurf."
* Baio or Boeheim? If you had to choose one of the two to hang with on Dec. 8, who would it be? The gig makes the answer Boeheim, as we're playing at the Dome that Saturday night. But...a phonecall I got today makes me really want to reconsider. Got an offer from a good friend with an extra pass to a party.
At the Playboy Mansion. Not just some punch & pie party (pie...maybe that's a bad choice of words...rephrase, your honor?).
This particular party would have entailed a pre-party at a local posh hotel, then a limo to the Mansion, then a tour of the Mansion by one of the Mensa members who spends her day sunning herself, followed by an open bar gathering around the grotto (read: where they have the bikini Mensa meetings). After that, you can either hang there for a while and eat and drink (and probably be pretty shampooing merry), or retreat to your private poolside cabana, where you will be served drinks from a rotation of scantily clad Nobel laureates in physics. Later on, there's a VIP post-part at the Four Seasons, where Vegas oddsmakers put it at 3-1 that you'd see a naked Lindsay Lohan doing a crabwalk through the lobby (apologies to Family Guy for stealing that sub-reference).
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, right? It is. But I have to pass.
Nothing sexier that Dinosaur BBQ and 40 minutes of 2-3 zone.
* These commercials around the holidays...when folks buy their significant others Lexuses or Mercedes Benzes...just stop it. The world of credit is bad enough, don't give people bad ideas.
* Just read that the Yankees are trying to get involved in a trade for Johan Santana. First thought that came to mind: Santana will be a member of the Red Sox in a week.
Why? Because of this paragraph from the ESPN.com wire service report:
"Asked whether the Twins had said they would consider a trade, Steinbrenner responded: "Oh yeah
Crisp, Lester/or/Buchholz, Bowden. And they can have Hansen. Do it. Do it.
* Elle MacPherson is on some CNBC show. She's probably 45. Still got it.
* Three weeks off or whatever, and I still got it.
That's even more remarkable.
Ok, logic games and reasoning beckon. LSAT on Saturday. Please, give me 160+.